Will programmers become obsolete due to AI?

should be self explanatory with all of this AI stuff going on in the world.

I am currently learning how to code. Enjoying it all the way through. Although one question sticks with me.

AI has came a long way through since the beginning of 2000’s. Nowadays programmers/developers/engineers have been talking about AI taking over their job.

I really wanna learn how to code and get a job but I don’t know if it will be a good investment if I get taken over by AI in lets say 10 years from now. its just something I am fearing right now. So please, someone with knowledge about this topic, enlighten me.

Thanks.

Nope, AI won’t replace human programmers anytime soon.

Maybe you should check out this video
This video will change your mind about the AI hype - YouTube

Every “Y” number of years, we’re told AI will replace us in “X” number of years. “X” number of years pass, and we’re still here. You won’t have to worry about this becoming a reality for a long time. And once we get there, who knows what the industry/technology landscape will look like?

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

Artificial Intelligence can’t possible ever replace programmers. They hallucinate a lot and make a bunch of really weird design choices a human would never would consider. They also lack intuition and experience that can only come from being experienced at programming.

2 Likes

Whats your opinions related with new improvements from Open AI o1 and Strawberry project? On this topic

No matter how far advanced artificial intelligence gets, it will not ever be able to replace a human programmer. Hands down.

This is what I believe: Think of AI as a tutor for the knowledge you already possess, and for areas you are unfamiliar with, you can use it to enhance your learning. For instance, AI enables you to learn coding more quickly. Therefore, it’s beneficial to invest time in learning how to code, as it is an important skill. Rather than replacing programmers, AI will create additional job opportunities. I also agree with @ablairmorris that every few years, there’s hype about programmers being replaced, but the scenario and environment will continue to evolve.