Word Blanks challenge please help

Tell us what’s happening:

This is a word blanks challenge. I am suppose to make a sentence using provided words with the variables myAdjective...and so on. Can't get the code right. I appreciate a hint maybe?
**Your code so far**
function wordBlanks(myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, myAdverb) {
  // Your code below this line
  var result = "the "+ myAdjective + myNoun + myVerb + " ran across the street " + myAdverb;
var myAdjective="big";
var myNoun="dog";
var myVerb="ran";
var myAdverb="quickly";
  // Your code above this line
  return result;
}

// Change the words here to test your function
wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly");
```js

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/word-blanks

first, this doesn’t have an effect as t is after the definition of result it is not needed and also wrong because those variables have already a value

you are not passing because you don’t have “non word characters” between the passed in words, in simple words: you are missing spaces

result has these values with the two sets of words (the variables take a different value for each of the tests):

"the bigdogran ran across the street quickly"
"the smallcathit ran across the street slowly"

Ok, thank you very much for your response :+1:

To expand upon this, you do not want to be assigning these values yourself. These are defined when the function is called.

wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly") assigns those 4 words to the 4 variables you will use, so you do not need to assign them yourself. That way, no matter what sentence we wanted to make, we just pass the words we want into the function. ex wordBlanks("man", "tall", "walked", "slowly").

1 Like

I solved it. The problem was I suck at contaneting haha. Did not put + on both sides of my vars. Thank you amyway.