Word blanks help wanted

Tell us what’s happening:
i cant seem to get the last test to run…can anyone tell me where im going wrong.

Your code so far

var myNoun = "dog";
var myAdjective = "big";
var myVerb = "ran";
var myAdverb = "quickly";

// Only change code below this line
var wordBlanks = ("cat", "giant", "jumped", "high");
var result= "The" + myAdjective + " " + myNoun + " " + myVerb + " " + myAdverb + "."  // Change this line
// Only change code above this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36 Edg/86.0.622.38.

Challenge: Word Blanks

Link to the challenge:

You are missing a space.

Can you explain this line?

1 Like

i checked it my code looks just like ur sample.a space where?

it says the problem is with the noun verb adverb and adjective.

it says the problem is with noun verb adverb and adjective. can u see where that is

This variable should hold your string result. This is not a string.

You should not have this variable. This result is a string, but the spaces are incorrect.

I believe what @JeremyLT is trying to say is that you’re missing a space between a variable and a word thats causing it to be one word.

This is your output "Thebig dog ran quickly. "
where it should be: “The big dog ran quickly.”

The problem is more than that though.

You will then assign the formed string to the wordBlanks variable.

it says all of the word blanks should contain all of the words with variables…i have been on this for 3 days i understood where my mistakes were until now so thanku for all help i get it has got me where i am today…i have all 3 out of 4 of the tasks completed i am working on finding the last task …where am going wrong???

show your updated code and we may be able to help

i put a " " after " the" to if that would take but no change…

What is your full current code? Please paste it in as a reply to this topic.

myNoun =var  "dog";
var myAdjective = "big";
var myVerb = "ran";

var wordBlanks=("cat" ,"giant" ,"jumped" ,"high")
var result = "The" + " " + myAdjective + " "  +  myNoun + " " + myVerb + " " + myAdverb + "."
// Change this line

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36 Edg/86.0.622.38 .

Link to the challenge:

freecodecamp.org

freeCodeCamp.org

Learn to code. Build projects. Earn certifications.Since 2015, 40,000 graduates have gotten jobs at tech companies including Google, Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft.

Create Topic

Your code so far

var myNoun = "dog";
var myAdjective = "big";
var myVerb = "ran";

var wordBlanks=("cat" ,"giant" ,"jumped" ,"high")
var result = "The" + " " + myAdjective + " "  +  myNoun + " " + myVerb + " " + myAdverb + "."
// Change this line

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36 Edg/86.0.622.38 .

Link to the challenge:

freecodecamp.org

freeCodeCamp.org

Learn to code. Build projects. Earn certifications.Since 2015, 40,000 graduates have gotten jobs at tech companies including Google, Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft.

Everything on the right side of the equal sign is not a string. It needs to be deleted. You need to store your string on the next line into this variable.

can u find my issue i cant seem to get this one…any ideas

jeremy u said my spaces were incorrect can u ilaberate on that i watched videos on it and thats how they have it…it says to set it to a var… not a str…

You don’t need to create any other variable.
All you need to do to pass the test is just to combine all those variables(myNoun,myAdjective,…).
What you’ve to do is combine those noun,adjective, verb and adverbs with spaces(’ ') between them and assign this to the wordBlanks variable.

var myNoun = "dog";

var myAdjective = "big";

var myVerb = "ran";

var wordBlanks = "My"+ myAdjective + " " + myNoun + " " + myVerb + " " + myAdverb + ".";

Here is your missing space.