Word Blanks unable to get it

Tell us what’s happening:
i m not getting it can anyone help me with this?

Your code so far

function wordBlanks(myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, myAdverb) {
  // Your code below this line
  var result = "";

// Your code above this line
  return result;
}

// Change the words here to test your function
wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly");

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.87 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/word-blanks

am i supposed to create more variables like adverb , noun etc or something else ?
i am not familiar with the working of function in js
if u dont mind can u plz solve it for me
it’ll nt take more than a min.
thanks!!

I will not give you the solution, but I will try to point you in the right direction by giving you more information. You do not need to create any extra variables. Functions have parameters which act as placeholders for values passed into the function. In this case the wordBlanks function already has those named parameters (see below):

function wordBlanks(myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, myAdverb) {

When you click the Run the Tests button, the testing program behind-the-scenes will call the wordBlanks function and pass in the nouns, adjectives, verbs, and adverbs as seen in the example call below:

wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly");

All you have to do is concatenate a new string using the values passed into the function (the arguments) which will be in variables myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, myAdverb (the parameters defined for the function). See the following lessons if you can not remember how to concatenate strings/variables together.

Remember, you will need to come up with your own extra words and space and punctuation to add to the four values passed to the function.

1 Like