Would Appreciate some feedback - Tribute Page

Hello,

I am looking for some feedback on my tribute page I made. Thoughts/ways I could improve are very appreciated :slight_smile:
https://codepen.io/jackrlehman/full/MWaRVeL

welcome @jackrlehman
great work youve done.

may i ask, are you intended to hides the image at background when in smaller screen?

1 Like

nice work :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you!

With media queries I have two main things going on with smaller displays:
-First the portrait image disappears making way for just the text.
-@360px I eliminate all text together and just show the background image. Struggled to decide if I wanted to keep adding media queries to go lower and lower. After a bit of research it didnt seem many modern phone displays were this small, and I decided I’ll just end it there. (since a browser window cant even go that small). Not a good real world solution, but went for it anyways. Maybe I should add “Display not supported” text.

hi @jackrlehman

since youre using grid, this might good to read, as im currently still learning this too.

1 Like

Will definitely give that a read, appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @jackrlehman. Page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are coding errors you should address.
  • All your styling should be external. Don’t use in-line style
  • Don’t use <br> to force line breaks. If you want three paragraphs then use three paragraph elements.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
1 Like

Thank you! I will definitely review all these things. There seems to be multiple things I can improve on, I will definitely do so.

1 Like