Write Arrow Functions with Parameters

Tell us what’s happening:

I was wondering if someone could help me understand this. I searched and I could not figure it out. I tried a few other things
var myConcat = () => concat(arr1).arr2;
{
“use strict”;

};
// test your code
console.log(myConcat([1, 2], [3, 4, 5]));

among others. Could someone please assist me in understanding this?

Your code so far

var myConcat = (arr1 => arr2);
 {
  "use strict";
  return arr1.concat(arr2);
};
// test your code

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/es6/write-arrow-functions-with-parameters

1 Like
const myConcat = (arr1,arr2) =>  {
  "use strict";
  return arr1.concat(arr2);
};
// test your code

see here we need to provide arguments to the arrrow function and we need to pass two arguments. ie. arr1 and arr2.
Remember to convert var to const.

2 Likes

Thank you. I am having a heck of a time learning this E6 stuff. I think I should start all over in the Javascript stuff.
Thank you!!!

1 Like

I used this, it seems to be a much simpler solution than what is given under “Get a Hint.” It also demonstrates a concept from the previous lesson ES6: Use Arrow Functions to Write Concise Anonymous Functions. With arrow function syntax, you don’t need to have a function body.

I want to make a contribution and change the hint section somehow…but I am not sure how to do that yet :-D. That’s a question for another thread though.

const myConcat = (arr1, arr2) => (arr2);
// test your code
1 Like

Hello Aaldea! I’m wondering if you ever did start over with the Javascript and if it helped? Because I’m having such a hard time as I did with the first section of Javascript and am debating on doing the same as I’m just not grasping it.