margin-bottom: 30px;
}
</style>
<div class="fullCard" id="thumbnail">
<div class="cardContent">
  <div class="cardText">
    <h4>Alphabet</h4>
    <hr>
    <p><em>Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were <u>Ph.D. students</u> at <strong>Stanford University</strong>.</em></p>
  </div>
  <div class="cardLinks">
    <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Page" target="_blank" class="links">Larry Page</a><br><br>
    <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Brin" target="_blank" class="links">Sergey Brin</a>
  </div>
</div>
</div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.1.0; itel A16 Plus) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Mobile Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Use the text-transform Property to Make Text Uppercase

Link to the challenge:

TRANSFORM ME is not an acceptable value for the text-transform property. Look at the acceptable values in the example. Which one would you use to make the text all uppercase?

1 Like

Please go by example what should I do

You should use the text-transform property on h4 to make it all uppercase. You are on the right track, you added the text-transform property to the h4 tag but you don’t have the correct value in there. Currently you have:

text-transform: TRANSFORM ME;

The value “TRANSFORM ME” is not correct. In the example provided in the left pane of the activity it lists in a table all of the acceptable values for the text-transform property. I think you should be able to figure out which value will make the h4 all uppercase.

1 Like

I have see my mistake thanks for your correction

Hello @ychris!

Explanation:
What you wrote in the text-transform property is the result of the example text ‘Transform Me’ if it were transformed into Uppercase text. You should only use values like: lowercase, uppercase, capitalize… NOT text results.

Solution:
So instead of writing text-transform: TRANSFORM ME; do text-transform: uppercase; :

h4 {
  text-align: center;
  text-transform: uppercase;    
  background-color: rgba(45, 45, 45, 0.1);
  padding: 10px;
  font-size: 27px;
}

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Thanks seen it and make the correction

Will pay attention next time :smiley:, thank you for the warning.

2 Likes

Hello hope your not offended you sound strange I was not warning you I was only saying I have seen what you have shown me and I have make the correction.

Right under style, the h4 is capitalized. It says “H4.” It won’t be recognized as the same thing as the h4 in your HTML.

I think they were answering to Jeremy just above

1 Like

Hello again @ychris! This is a misunderstanding I was actually talking to @JeremyLT , so no worries :smiley:.

2 Likes