Your Technical Documentation project should use at least one media query

I’m doing Build a Technical Documentation Page. However, it keeps saying "Your Technical Documentation project should use at least one media query. "

on codepen, it’s passing but it’s not on freecodecamp website.

anybody knows?

2 Likes

HI @cjh8710 !

Welcome to the forum!

Did you link your css to the html file?

<head>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
</head>
6 Likes

Awesome! it worked !! Thank you !!

Thanks you for opened this topic. I had the same problem!!

thanks everyone to help us!

Hi @jwilkins.oboe, I have carried out the required linking of the styles.css but I still get the same reply after submitting. Also I can’t find the CSS section to as well a @media query.

Hi @Joeblaze !

Welcome to the forum!

If you need help with a project, please create a new post with your code and people can assist you there.

wow what a mistake i have done and thanks to you i now know my mistake
thanks again

I am also having the same problem, even though i did everything right. I linked my css to the html file in the but i still get the same error : “Your Technical Documentation project should use at least one media query” .
What can i do?

here’s my code :

Technical Documentation Page
<style>

html,
body {
min-width: 290px;
color: #4d4e53;
background-color: #ffffff;
font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;
line-height: 1.5;
}

media tag for this query

<video  controls />
  <source src="https://youtu.be/sn3CHauUbQ0" type="video/mp4">
  Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

Thanks, your input made me recognize my mistake, it turns out that in the Head of the html I first used
<link rel="preload" href="styles.css" as="style">
before
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />,
and that caused me errors.

Hi @jwilkins.oboe i have tried linking the CSS so many times to do this “Your Technical Documentation project should use at least one media query.” but still not passing. please can you help me.

If you’ve looked over it and made sure there are no errors in the code, try opening the project in a different browser. Instead of Google Chrome, say, try it in Firefox. Or instead of Firefox, try Google Chrome. So far this hasn’t happened on the certification projects for me but it’s happened a couple times in the normal stuff, pretty sure.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.