Can't save my codepen.. Help please

Hi guys,

I’ve finished making a technical documentation page, but I can’t save…
I need the page to make my personal portfolio…

It’s so strange that if I only put CSS code in the page, it works and I can save, but
If I add HTML code in that, the Unidentified error pops up.

this is my codepen…
Im not even sure if it appears as I haven’t been able to save…

Thanks

I can see your CSS code fine… but you are right there is no HTML.

Can you copy/paste it here using the code block?

We can check it. or make a new pen for you to fork. Haven’t seen this error before.

Hi many thanks for your reply.
So, if I add this HTML, I can’t save…
Could you please check it ? thanks

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cambay&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

<head>
 <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0">
</head>

<body>
  <nav id="navbar">
    <header>SQL BASICS
    </header>
    <a class="nav-link" href="#Introduction">
      <ul style="list-style:none">
        <li>Introduction</li>
      </ul>
    </a>

<a class="nav-link" href="#History">
        <li>History</li>
      </ul>
    </a>

<a class="nav-link" href="#Design">
        <li>Design</li>
      </ul>
    </a>

<a class="nav-link" href="#Syntax">
        <li>Syntax</li>
      </ul>
    </a>

<a class="nav-link" href="#Alternatives">
        <li>Alternatives</li>
      </ul>
    </a>

<a class="nav-link" href="#Examples"> 
        <li>Examples</li>
      </ul>
    </a>
  </nav>

<main id="main-doc">
      <section id="Introduction" class="main-section">

<header>Introduction</header>
       <article>
         <p><b>SQL</b> is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system (RDBMS), or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system (RDSMS). It is particularly useful in handling structured data, i.e. data incorporating relations among entities and variables. </p>

<p><b>SQL</b> offers two main advantages over older read–write APIs such as ISAM or VSAM. Firstly, it introduced the concept of accessing many records with one single command. Secondly, it eliminates the need to specify how to reach a record, e.g. with or without an index.</p>

<p>Originally based upon relational algebra and tuple relational calculus, SQL consists of many types of statements, which may be informally classed as sublanguages, commonly: a data query language (DQL), a data definition language (DDL), a data control language (DCL), and a data manipulation language (DML). The scope of SQL includes data query, data manipulation (insert, update and delete), data definition (schema creation and modification), and data access control. Although SQL is essentially a declarative language (4GL), it includes also procedural elements.</p>

<p><b>SQL</b> was one of the first commercial languages to utilize Edgar F. Codd’s relational model. The model was described in his influential 1970 paper, "A Relational Model of Data for Large Shared Data Banks". Despite not entirely adhering to the relational model as described by Codd, it became the most widely used database language.</p>

<p><b>SQL</b> became a standard of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1986, and of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 1987. Since then, the standard has been revised to include a larger set of features. Despite the existence of such standards, most SQL code is not completely portable among different database systems without adjustments.</p>

</article>
      </section>

<section id="History" class="main-section">
        <header>History</header>
<article>
  <p>SQL was initially developed at IBM by Donald D. Chamberlin and Raymond F. Boyce after learning about the relational model from Ted Codd[14] in the early 1970s. This version, initially called SEQUEL (Structured English Query Language), was designed to manipulate and retrieve data stored in IBM's original quasi-relational database management system, System R, which a group at IBM San Jose Research Laboratory had developed during the 1970s.</p>

<p>Chamberlin and Boyce's first attempt of a relational database language was Square, but it was difficult to use due to subscript notation. After moving to the San Jose Research Laboratory in 1973, they began work on SEQUEL. The acronym SEQUEL was later changed to SQL because "SEQUEL" was a trademark of the UK-based Hawker Siddeley Dynamics Engineering Limited company.</p>

<p>After testing SQL at customer test sites to determine the usefulness and practicality of the system, IBM began developing commercial products based on their System R prototype including System/38, SQL/DS, and DB2, which were commercially available in 1979, 1981, and 1983, respectively.</p>

<p>In the late 1970s, Relational Software, Inc. (now Oracle Corporation) saw the potential of the concepts described by Codd, Chamberlin, and Boyce, and developed their own SQL-based RDMS with aspirations of selling it to the U.S. Navy, Central Intelligence Agency, and other U.S. government agencies. In June 1979, Relational Software, Inc. introduced the first commercially available implementation of SQL, Oracle V2 (Version2) for VAX computers.</p>

<p>By 1986, ANSI and ISO standard groups officially adopted the standard "Database Language SQL" language definition. New versions of the standard were published in 1989, 1992, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2011 and, most recently, 2016.</p>
        </article>
      </section>

<section id="Design" class="main-section">
       <header>Design</header>
    <article>
      <p>SQL deviates in several ways from its theoretical foundation, the relational model and its tuple calculus. In that model, a table is a set of tuples, while in SQL, tables and query results are lists of rows: the same row may occur multiple times, and the order of rows can be employed in queries (e.g. in the LIMIT clause).</p>

<p>Critics argue that SQL should be replaced with a language that returns strictly to the original foundation: for example, see The Third Manifesto. However, no known proof exists that such uniqueness cannot be added to SQL itself[citation needed], or at least a variation of SQL. In other words, it's quite possible that SQL can be "fixed" or at least improved in this regard such that the industry may not have to switch to a completely different query language to obtain uniqueness. Debate on this remains open.</p>

</article>
      </section>

<section id="Syntax" class="main-section">
        <header>Syntax</header>
        <p>The SQL language is subdivided into several language elements, including:</p>
        <ul>
          <li>Clauses, which are constituent components of statements and queries.</li>
          <li>Expressions, which can produce either scalar values, or tables consisting of columns and rows of data.</li>
          <li>Predicates, which specify conditions that can be evaluated to SQL three-valued logic (3VL) (true/false/unknown) or Boolean truth values and are used to limit the effects of statements and queries, or to change program flow.</li>
          <li>Queries, which retrieve the data based on specific criteria. This is an important element of SQL.</li>
          <li>Statements, which may have a persistent effect on schemata and data, or may control transactions, program flow, connections, sessions, or diagnostics.</li>
          <li>SQL statements also include the semicolon (";") statement terminator. Though not required on every platform, it is defined as a standard part of the SQL grammar.</li>
          <li>Insignificant whitespace is generally ignored in SQL statements and queries, making it easier to format SQL code for readability.</li>
        </ul>
        </article>
      </section>

<section id="Alternatives" class="main-section">
      <header>Alternatives</header>
      <article>
        <ul>
          <li>.QL: object-oriented Datalog</li>
          <li>4D Query Language (4D QL)</li>
          <li>Datalog: critics suggest that Datalog has two advantages over SQL: it has cleaner semantics, which facilitates program understanding and maintenance, and it is more expressive, in particular for recursive queries.</li>
          <li>HTSQL: URL based query method</li>
          <li>IBM Business System 12 (IBM BS12): one of the first fully relational database management systems, introduced in 1982</li>
          <li>Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL): The query language used by the Java Persistence API and Hibernate persistence library</li>
          <li>JavaScript: MongoDB implements its query language in a JavaScript API.</li>
        </ul>
      </article>
    </section>

<section id="Examples" class="main-section">
    <header>Examples</header>
    <article>
      <p>When creating the sample tables using the data provider</p>
      <p><code><span>SQLServerConnection Conn;
Conn = new SQLServerConnection("host=nc-star;port=1433;
        User ID=test01;Password=test01; Database Name=Test");</span></code></p>

<p><code><span>try
{
Conn.Open();
        }</span></code></p>

<p><code><span>catch (SQLServerException ex)
{
// Connection failed
Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);
return;
        }</span></code></p>

<p><code><span>string[] DropTableSQL = {"drop table emp", "drop table dept"};
for (int x=0; x<=1; x++)
                   </span></code></p

<p><code><span>{
// Drop the tables, don't care if they don't exist
SQLServerCommand DBCmd = new SQLServerCommand(DropTableSQL[x], Conn);
DBCmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
}
catch (SQLServerException ex)
{
        }</span></code></p>

</article>

why is it appear like this…
I just copy and paste my code… it doesn’t look the same :face_with_monocle:

yea; so what is the HTML you want?

I think the problem was here
I deleted the last code which is

= new SQLServerCommand(DropTableSQL, Conn);
DBCmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
}
catch (SQLServerException ex)

I can save my pen now… so so strange

I really appreciate your time and reply. Thank you so much again

Hello, Mongsta.

Please, Please…do not inject code like that to the forum. When you make any post here on the forum, please follow the MarkDown syntax. Read more about it here:Forum Code Formatting

I have edited one of your posts.

1 Like