25+5 Timer challenge error: "25 + 5 Clock error “Timer has not reached 00:00”

Hey guys,

Code is here: fcc-react-project-five/Timer.jsx at secondTry · mrcrazyog/fcc-react-project-five · GitHub

so this is really doing my head in now :smiley: Spent countless of hours trying to figure it out, researching the forum and following the advice here, but to no avail. Specifically, those tests are failing, all with the error: "“Timer has not reached 00:00” :

User Story #22: When a session countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), and a new countdown begins, the element with the id of timer-label should display a string indicating a break has begun.

User Story #24: When a break countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), and a new countdown begins, the element with the id of timer-label should display a string indicating a session has begun.

However, these two tests, which I think are very similar (?), do pass:

User Story #23: When a session countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), a new break countdown should begin, counting down from the value currently displayed in the id="break-length" element.

User Story #25: When a break countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), a new session countdown should begin, counting down from the value currently displayed in the id="session-length" element.

What I don’t understand is that the timer does reach zero - I’ve checked with a console log and visually. Also, the label does change when it hits zero.

Any help would be appreciated; I want to destroy my laptop right now :smiley:
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.