4th challenge of building an HTML registration form claims my link element isn't self closing

Tell us what’s happening:
I’ve been doing the responsive web design series, and have been enjoying it. This challenge seems to be stuck however. It asks me to give the project a title of “Registration Form”, and then tells me to make a self closing link element with attributes of various values. Despite me not putting in a closing link element, it gives me an error saying the link element needs to be self closing. I’ve solved this prompt in other projects the same way, yet on this one it seems to need a different answer.

Have I just missed some part of the prompt which requires I use the link element differently? Is it a browser issue? Or is the issue something else I’m not considering?

Code so Far:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <title>Registration Form</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>
  Browser Information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.162 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 4

Link to the challenge:

You just missed the / after the ..."styles.css" />

Interesting. That solved the problem, but it’s strange that it doesn’t require that end slash on any prior challenges or projects, nor do I remember any prompt saying to put one

I dont know what to say.
None of the previous lessons mentioned that?
If not, maybe it is worth to report this.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.