}
  </style>

<h1>WHY?</h1>
  <div class="A">  </div>
  <div class="B"> </div>

Challenge: Create a Gradual CSS Linear Gradient

Link to the challenge:

Hi @Sina.tr,

According to the original code for this challenge, you added too much things. You need to add only what is asked in the exercice. Here, you only need to add a background property for the div selector.

If you are testing things with this CSS code, you can share with us the HTML code you did too.

1 Like

the code is correct but assignment is:
Use a `linear-gradient()` for the `div` element’s `background`.

1 Like

Hi @LucLH,
Actually I was testing some of the codes in VS to better understand the underlying concepts. But this one code didn’t work, only header tag worked.

I tested your code and I think the reason why you don’t see appear your backgrounds it is because you added a comma before the closing parenthesis for the repeating-linear-gradient methods used in your two selectors A and B.

Example:

.A {
  background: repeating-linear-gradient( 90deg, yellow 5px, black 40px, green 40px, red 80px, ); 
}

Remove these commas and it should be ok. Tell us if it is the result you were expecting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

Thank you so much @LucLH , now that the "div"s showed up I can explore more about colors and relative & absolute positioning.

1 Like

You’re welcome @Sina.tr. Have a good exploration in the CSS world :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.