A word of caution for foreigners(especially third-worlders)

Neither do I. That’s why I came here to warn others.

Good for you. Here, our first jobs come from Internships and by applying with a degree.

Not the point of this discussion.

You’re pretty much stating that it’s possible as long as the “level of effort” is reached, meaning you think that pretty much any self-taught developer can become employed if they reach the aforementioned “level of effort”. Which is the same as saying “pull yourself up by your bootstraps”. You fail to recognize the reality that for many people, it’s impossible for them to reach your “level of effort” by just effort alone.

Thanks for highlighting my point that despite reaching the “level of effort” necessary for a job, I don’t have one because effort alone is not enough.

Your privileged American reality of “harder” is not equivalent to mine. Ever since your first post here you’ve tried to relativize third-world countries by implying that it’s just “a bit harder” than yours. And that’s a complete misrepresentation of how much worse things are over here.

And I’ve told you that this isn’t about me. Stop misconstruing what this is about and what I came here for.

Opinions are irrelevant. Only facts matter. If you want to rebuke anything I posted that you don’t like, then present evidence to the contrary.

I don’t have the networking part, neither do most people over here. But I digress since it’s pretty clear that you think I’m full of BS and just not putting in enough effort.

the world needs more people like you, thank you for being honest with us
especially someone like me ( a self-taught learner from a third world country)

1 Like

Closing this topic as heated.

2 Likes