Adjust the background-color Property of Text- height property already removed

Hey guys,

I can’t pass the test for some reason. It says I need to remove the height property but I’ve already done that. Please help.

Can you please share your full code (not a screenshot) and a link to the challenge?

Hi ArielLeslie. Thanks.

Here’s the link: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/applied-visual-design/adjust-the-background-color-property-of-text

Here’s my full code:

<style>

h4 {

text-align: center;

background-color: rgba(45,45,45,0.1);

padding: 10px;

}

p {

text-align: justify;

}

.links {

text-align: left;

color: black;

}

.fullCard {

width: 245px;

border: 1px solid #ccc;

border-radius: 5px;

margin: 10px 5px;

padding: 4px;

}

.cardContent {

padding: 10px;

}

.cardText {

margin-bottom: 30px;

}

</style>

<div class="fullCard">

<div class="cardContent">

<div class="cardText">

<h4>Alphabet</h4>

<hr>

<p><em>Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were <u>Ph.D. students</u> at <strong>Stanford University</strong>.</em></p>

</div>

<div class="cardLinks">

<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Page" target="_blank" class="links">Larry Page</a><br><br>

<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Brin" target="_blank" class="links">Sergey Brin</a>

</div>

</div>

</div>

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

When I run your code it passes all tests. Are you using an updated version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge? Do you have any browser extensions (adblock, scriptblock, dark mode, etc)?

Hi fCC Support! I think there is something wrong with how this challenge is evaluated. I’ve already removed the height property and it still won’t pass the test. Can you check it out please?

Please provide a copy of your code and a link to the challenge. Thanks.

Thanks for the tips on the backticks for readability. I switched to Edge browser and the same code worked this time. It’s resolved. I just need to figure out why Chrome didn’t work but I thank you for your time and help.

-Frank

Thats mabye because of addons like adblockers disable them and try again

Thanks man. I disabled my Chrome extensions for the time being. It’s all fixed now.

Some extensions will either block the test scripts from running (like adblockers) or change the CSS on the page (like darkmodes). You can probably set the extension to conditionally ignore freecodecamp.org pages.

I’ll give that a try (conditionally ignore freecodecamp.org for my extensions). Thanks again for all the help. I’m new here so I’m just starting to settle in.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.