Adjusting the Color of Various Elements to Complementary Colors

Tell us what’s happening:
I followed the instructions exactly… but I can’t continue to the next challenge. Please help me… I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

Your code so far

<style>
body {
  background-color: white;
}
header {
  background-color: #09A7A1;
  color: white;
  padding: 0.25em;
}
h2 {
  color: #09A7A1;
}
button {
  background-color: #FF790E;
}
footer {
  background-color: #09A7A1;
  color: white;
  padding: 0.5em;
}
</style>
<header>
<h1>Cooking with FCC!</h1>
</header>
<main>
<article>
  <h2>Machine Learning in the Kitchen</h2>
  <p>Join this two day workshop that walks through how to implement cutting-edge snack-getting algorithms with a command line interface. Coding usually involves writing exact instructions, but sometimes you need your computer to execute flexible commands, like <code>fetch Pringles</code>.</p>
  <button>Sign Up</button>
</article>
<article>
  <h2>Bisection Vegetable Chopping</h2>
  <p>This week-long retreat will level-up your coding ninja skills to actual ninja skills. No longer is the humble bisection search limited to sorted arrays or coding interview questions, applying its concepts in the kitchen will have you chopping carrots in O(log n) time before you know it.</p>
  <button>Sign Up</button>
</article>
</main>
<br>
<footer>&copy; 2018 FCC Kitchen</footer>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.106 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Adjust the Color of Various Elements to Complementary Colors

Link to the challenge:

I pasted your code into the exercise and it passed. Try reloading the exercise and pasting it in again.

I just reloaded the exercise and pasted my code in again… I still can’t pass the exercise. I get this error:
The h2 element should have a color of #09A7A1.
The button element should have a background-color
of #FF790E. // tests completed

I tried again pasting all your css between the style tags into the exercise. It passes. If you enter exactly what is above then it should pass. It’s a simple exercise so how about clicking “Reset all Code” and starting again?