Applied Visual Design: Adjust the Color of Various Elements to Complementary Colors

Tell us what’s happening:

3rd and 4th condition isn’t checking. I can’t seem to find what I’m doing wrong here.

Your code so far

<style>
body {
  background-color: white;
}
header {
  background-color:#09A7A1;
  color: white;
  padding: 0.25em;
}
h2 {
  color:#09A7A1;
}
button {
  background-color:#FF790E;
}
footer {
  background-color:#09A7A1;
  color: white;
  padding: 0.5em;
}
</style>
<header>
<h1>Cooking with FCC!</h1>
</header>
<main>
<article>
  <h2>Machine Learning in the Kitchen</h2>
  <p>Join this two day workshop that walks through how to implement cutting-edge snack-getting algorithms with a command line interface. Coding usually involves writing exact instructions, but sometimes you need your computer to execute flexible commands, like <code>fetch Pringles</code>.</p>
  <button>Sign Up</button>
</article>
<article>
  <h2>Bisection Vegetable Chopping</h2>
  <p>This week-long retreat will level-up your coding ninja skills to actual ninja skills. No longer is the humble bisection search limited to sorted arrays or coding interview questions, applying its concepts in the kitchen will have you chopping carrots in O(log n) time before you know it.</p>
  <button>Sign Up</button>
</article>
</main>
<br>
<footer>&copy; 2018 FCC Kitchen</footer>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.130 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Adjust the Color of Various Elements to Complementary Colors

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/applied-visual-design/adjust-the-color-of-various-elements-to-complementary-colors

have you made any other changes other then the colors?

do you maybe have an extension that changes the color of the page like a dark mode extension?

Sometimes all you need to close the tab and open it again. :grinning:

yes i have dark reader. hmmm… I clicked Run the Tests several times and somehow it checked.

I tried that even cleared cached and somehow still getting errors. maybe it has to do with my browser plugins

I copy paste your answer and it working here.
Maybe try another browser or restart the computer.
:smile:

if you have an extension that changes the css of the page it can interferes with the tests
you can switch on the native dark mode in the settigs