Advice of experienced people

Hello everyone!
My name is Maksut, I am a citizen of Kyrgyzstan. I want to thank you in advance and I’m sorry, I don’t know English, please keep in mind that I’m writing through google translator!
If I write a word in a different meaning, the translator may write it in a different meaning, I’m sorry, I love you and I need support and help.

I am a web developer and know HTML, CSS, JS, React, programming languages ​​and their bookshelf frameworks. But I don’t know much about the back end of web development and I’m not a full stack web developer.

i love programming i have completed 8 month advanced web developer programming course and got certified it’s been 1 year
I’ve been at home for 1 year and I just make websites and stuff with my old computer.

There were people around me who told me that being a programmer is hard, you can’t do it, smart genius rich people can do it, and there were people who supported me.

but I know that programming has a future and is a very good profession.
I used to brag to people around me that I was learning programming, that it was a very good profession, and that I would earn a lot of money and become a programmer.

I have only my mother, I have no one else, I am 18 years old
I spent the money to study for 8 months, I hurt my mother, I firmly believed that I would earn money by programming after graduation.
It’s been 1 year, I was ashamed of people who boasted, I hurt my mother :confounded:

I sent my resume to 9 companies on the HeadHunter website and I also saw the upWork job site. In short, my interest in programming is decreasing.

If I want to say more, my problem is that I have a lot of dreams
Thank you! :confounded:

This is my portfolio

1 Like

You don’t need to be a genius to be a programmer. I’m deifintely not a genius.

It can be very hard to get started though. You need programming skills, but you also need professional skills for your job hunt. It’s common for people to apply to dozens of companies to get a few interviews. It’s common for people to do many interviews before getting a job.

Many people who are hoping for their first programming job have to do other work to pay the bills while they build their programming skills and professional skills. It can be discouraging, but it’s normal.

3 Likes

Hello!

You have accomplished a lot already for such a young man. Also your age means you will have much time to improve and make your dream come true.

Here a few tips:

• Improve your English, this will be important especially of you want to work for international clients and employers. Try the English course FCC offers now.

• If you designed your portfolio and the projects’ user interfaces yourself, you have talent. They look decent and you should build on this skill for UI development. In addition to your other web developer skill set.

• Learn a backend language or start building backends with Node.js. You will have much better options if you can build full stack applications.

• Keep adding more projects and look into working in other jobs in the meantime.

Again your young age is an advantage and you have many years to get better, make contacts and find your first developer position. Also why shouldn’t your mother be proud? You have a clear plan of what you want to be. I was an (rather not say) at your age :grin:.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you for your advice and support.
Anyway, I’m trying slowly, I know it will take me longer than others

Yes, it would be better if I didn’t say it, but I need advice and support from experienced people.
I am inspired by the advice and support and it helps me to keep going forward

1 Like

I didn’t have such clear goals as you have when I was 18, I was rather dumb. That’s what I wanted to say.

2 Likes

That’s why you should learn English to avoid such misunderstandings!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.