American-british translator: can't pass "unit tests" automated test

i am deploying on heroku.
when looking at the logging there, all 24 unit tests pass just fine. same thing on localhost.
also, functional tests are passing just fine on fcc. why unit tests aren’t too?
any help would be appreciated.

here’s the 1_unit-tests.js code:

const chai = require('chai');

const assert = chai.assert;

const Translator = require('../components/translator.js');

suite('Unit Tests', () => {

const translator = new Translator()

test("american to british #1", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Mangoes are my favorite fruit.", "american-to-british"), "Mangoes are my <span class=\"highlight\">favourite</span> fruit.")

})

test("american to british #2", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("I ate yogurt for breakfast.", "american-to-british"), "I ate <span class=\"highlight\">yoghurt</span> for breakfast.")

})

test("american to british #3", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("We had a party at my friend's condo.", "american-to-british"), "We had a party at my friend's <span class=\"highlight\">flat</span>.")

})

test("american to british #4", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Can you toss this in the trashcan for me?", "american-to-british"), "Can you toss this in the <span class=\"highlight\">bin</span> for me?")

})

test("american to british #5", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("The parking lot was full.", "american-to-british"), "The <span class=\"highlight\">car park</span> was full.")

})

test("american to british #6", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Like a high tech Rube Goldberg machine.", "american-to-british"), "Like a high tech <span class=\"highlight\">Heath Robinson device</span>.")

})

test("american to british #7", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("To play hooky means to skip class or work.", "american-to-british"), "To <span class=\"highlight\">bunk off</span> means to skip class or work.")

})

test("american to british #8", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.", "american-to-british"), "No <span class=\"highlight\">Mr</span> Bond, I expect you to die.")

})

test("american to british #9", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Dr. Grosh will see you now.", "american-to-british"), "<span class=\"highlight\">Dr</span> Grosh will see you now.")

})

test("american to british #10", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Lunch is at 12:15 today.", "american-to-british"), "Lunch is at <span class=\"highlight\">12.15</span> today.")

})

test("british to american #1", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("We watched the footie match for a while.", "british-to-american"), "We watched the <span class=\"highlight\">soccer</span> match for a while.")

})

test("british to american #2", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Paracetamol takes up to an hour to work.", "british-to-american"), "<span class=\"highlight\">Tylenol</span> takes up to an hour to work.")

})

test("british to american #3", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("First, caramelise the onions.", "british-to-american"), "First, <span class=\"highlight\">caramelize</span> the onions.")

})

test("british to american #4", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("I spent the bank holiday at the funfair.", "british-to-american"), "I spent the <span class=\"highlight\">public holiday</span> at the <span class=\"highlight\">carnival</span>.")

})

test("british to american #5", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("I had a bicky then went to the chippy.", "british-to-american"), "I had a <span class=\"highlight\">cookie</span> then went to the <span class=\"highlight\">fish-and-chip shop</span>.")

})

test("british to american #6", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("I've just got bits and bobs in my bum bag.", "british-to-american"), "I've just got <span class=\"highlight\">odds and ends</span> in my <span class=\"highlight\">fanny pack</span>.")

})

test("british to american #7", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("The car boot sale at Boxted Airfield was called off.", "british-to-american"), "The <span class=\"highlight\">swap meet</span> at Boxted Airfield was called off.")

})

test("british to american #8", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Have you met Mrs Kalyani?", "british-to-american"), "Have you met <span class=\"highlight\">Mrs.</span> Kalyani?")

})

test("british to american #9", ()=>{

assert(translator.translate("Prof Joyner of King's College, London.", "british-to-american"), "<span class=\"highlight\">Prof.</span> Joyner of King's College, London.")

})

test("british to american #10", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Tea time is usually around 4 or 4.30.", "british-to-american"), "Tea time is usually around 4 or <span class=\"highlight\">4:30</span>.")

})

test("highlight translated #1", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Mangoes are my favorite fruit.", "american-to-british"), "Mangoes are my <span class=\"highlight\">favourite</span> fruit.")

})

test("highlight translated #2", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("I ate yogurt for breakfast.", "american-to-british"), "I ate <span class=\"highlight\">yoghurt</span> for breakfast.")

})

test("highlight translated #3", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("We watched the footie match for a while.", "british-to-american"), "We watched the <span class=\"highlight\">soccer</span> match for a while.")

})

test("highlight translated #4", ()=>{

assert.deepEqual(translator.translate("Paracetamol takes up to an hour to work.", "british-to-american"), "<span class=\"highlight\">Tylenol</span> takes up to an hour to work.")

})

});

here is the deployed site (if it helps) => https://obscure-depths-41549.herokuapp.com/

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.