Anyone feel this way?

just completed all the frontend challenges minus the 5 projects. but still feel lost. I struggled through all of them, i kinda have a general idea how they work. but i just dont have a perfect grasp at it that i can reinforce and apply my knowledge and work through the projects without hitting some snags. i admit though i didnt get a chance to builld and design alot of outside projects in doing this section. because most of the beginner tutorial project deal with vanilla JS code, not the React. but i admit going through the challenges felt like projects in itself. when i was working on the html css challenges there many beginner projects out there i was able to build. and in t he javascript algorithms lessons i used codewaRS apply what i learned. but cant seem to find any recommended projects that suggest using react , so i just relied solely on FCC challenges for my learning. I think i will just go back and review the challenges once again before attempting the last 5 design projects.

2 Likes

Just start doing the projects, go back and review when needed and lookup what you don’t know. That’s how you will learn - by doing. If you continue with fcc (and I think it is great and was one of the best resources I had for learning) you will find that you will have to go to other sources more often because the curriculum becomes less “complete”. But that also teaches you how to figure things out on your own (not going to say that is why the curriculum falls off, I think it could be much better in the later lessons).

You’re likely never going to know how to do everything or remember everything, especially given languages change/progress, you will always be looking something up. And that is also a skill to develop: knowing I need to do “x” researching how to do “x” in whatever language.

I don’t mean to sound harsh here but if you type “react projects” into your favorite search engine you will get many results suggesting projects, and projects for beginners. So, not sure where you’re coming from here plus fcc gives you multiple react projects. Why not do the fcc projects to help you learn?

I think most developers would say this is normal and part of the job. You got to be ok with it and figure out the solution. Just my 2 cents.

I don’t mean to sound harsh here but if you type “react projects” into your favorite search engine you will get many results suggesting projects, and projects for beginners.

you know what… as much as im an expert on internet. i cant believe i wasnt more specific and typed react projects. i been doing’ beginner web developer projects’ or top 20 coding projects. and no react pops uj I don’t mean to sound harsh here but if you type “react projects” into your favorite search engine you will get many results suggesting projects, and projects for beginners. and no project with react shows up. anything web related is always html css , vanilla javascript.

not sure where you’re coming from here plus fcc gives you multiple react projects. Why not do the fcc projects to help you learn?

because i been told by rediters and other forums that just the FCC curriculum projects alone aren’t enough .
so yeah i thjink ill take your approach . start on the FCC problems since if i get stuck i can consult the forums or review the challenges . and then ill try outside react projects once i get the certificaTION.

freeCodeCamp has some great beginner react projects on their youtube channel.

You can do a few of those.

1 Like

ooh thanks alot ill chedk that out

i got to make sure to stop the feed once i get tghe full description of the project so i dont see the step by step solution in the course

thanks alot for that video. i been watching it all day today. im half way done . 4.5 hours to go. dang he works so fast. hard to keep up. but im not trying to mimic his code. im just trying to absorb the basic idea.

just completed all the frontend challenges minus the 5 projects. but still feel lost.

That’s completely normal.

kinda have a general idea how they work. but i just dont have a perfect grasp at it that i can reinforce and apply my knowledge and work through the projects without hitting some snags.

Yep.

but i admit going through the challenges felt like projects in itself

Yeah, some of those get hard.

but cant seem to find any recommended projects that suggest using react

Some suggestions are given. I would also add that you can just make up your own. And it doesn’t have to be specifically a “react project” and beginner frontend web dev project will work fine. Make a simple game. make a todo list. Find an API that returns something interesting and build and interface around it. I wanted to make an app that visualized how the times in different timezones lined up so I built it. Just come up with an idea, any idea. Hirers won’t care much if you come up with awesome ideas for projects - they already have idea people. They care about how well they’re coded.

The transition from “doing the challenges” to “building actual web pages” is a difficult one. Most people struggle at first - I know I did.

Just keep struggling and learning - it will get easier.

3 Likes

Even I was in same boat, what I suggest is find few other members who are in same boat as you and start building projects together.

I found it easier when working in a team with everyone at same / similar level of understanding ( learning phase )

i tried the teamwork approach when i was working on my EE doing study groups, it works for many people. not me. my grades improved when i isolated myself and depended on my own brain when it came to studying and building projects. it helps me apply and absorb the concepts when i struggle throught it myself instead of watching others solve problems . i found collaborating with a group doesnt work for me . i tend to rely too much on what they are doing and not my own knowledge. so i do better when i struggle through things on my own. its always how my thought process works . and im working through the FCC projects. but i prefer to do it on my own pace even though its slow way of doing so.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.