Audio does not work in Firefox

I want to play an audio mp3 file in a separate window using Javascript.
This HTML code works fine in Firefox

<audio controls="controls">
  <source src="JALOUX.mp3" type="audio/mp3" />
  </audio>

But when I try to generate the same code in my separate window using Javascript, the player displays but nothing happens when I click the Play button. The code is here

newMp3Window.document.writeln("<audio controls=\"controls\" style= \"width:300px;\">");
   newMp3Window.document.writeln("<source src=\"JALOUX.mp3\" type=\"audio/mp3\" />");*/
   newMp3Window.document.writeln("</audio>");   

This code works in Chrome and IE, but not in Firefox. It drives me crazy ! I tried using .ogg or .mp4 files with no success, can someone help me ?? Thank you !

Can you share a bit more code? For example, where is the code which creates the newMp3Window? It would be nice to see the complete code.

Also, do you see any errors showing the Firefox console?

Start->Run->services.msc
Go to Windows Audio->Right Click-> Properties
Toggle Start/Stop

9Apps Showbox

To bougti : thanks for your answer. I did what you say, but all I can do is choose between ‘automatic’ or ‘manual’ or ‘delayed’ start

To RandellDawson : thanks for your quick answer ! So I paste the complete Javascript function below. Here is how it should work
The main page displays a list of songs (the url is http://www.farhitournelles.fr/index_2.htm
When the user clicks on one title song, it calls a Javascript function called PfPlay_mp3(Fichier, Titremp3) with two parameters : the file name and the song title
The function does

open a popup window
write the audio tag with the file name as source, to display the mp3 player with controls
write the song title
write a link to close the pop up window
Here is the code

function PfPlay_mp3(Fichier, Titremp3)
{
     var newMp3Window = window.open("", "AudioPlayer", 
        "location=no, directories=no, fullscreen=no, menubar=no, status=no, toolbar=no, top=50,left=0, width=330, height=160, scrollbars=no");
    newMp3Window.document.writeln("<html><head><title>Philippe Farhi</title>");
	newMp3Window.document.writeln("<script src=\"http://api.html5media.info/1.1.8/html5media.min.js\"></script>");

newMp3Window.document.writeln("</head>");

newMp3Window.document.writeln("<body style='background: url(backgroundimage.gif) repeat scroll top left;'>");

newMp3Window.document.writeln("<div align='center'>");	

newMp3Window.document.writeln("<audio controls=\"controls\" controlsList=\"nodownload\" style= \"width:300px;\">");

newMp3Window.document.writeln("<source src=\"" +Fichier +"\"type=\"audio/mp3\" />");

newMp3Window.document.writeln(" Votre navigateur n'est pas compatible");

newMp3Window.document.writeln("</audio>");   

newMp3Window.document.writeln("</div>");

newMp3Window.document.writeln("<div align='center'>");
	newMp3Window.document.writeln("<p align='center'><strong><em><font color='#333366' size='3' face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>"+Titremp3 +"</font></em></strong> </p>");

newMp3Window.document.writeln("<p><a href='javascript:window.close();'>clic pour fermer</p>");
    newMp3Window.document.writeln("</a>"); 
    newMp3Window.document.writeln("</div>");
    newMp3Window.document.writeln("</body></html>");
    newMp3Window.document.close(); 
}

The most strange thing is that the code works with Firefox on Windows 7 but not in Windows 8.1, clicking on the Play button has no effect
The Firefox console shows no error