Background color brown, what am I doing wrong?

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8" />
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
  <title>Cafe Menu</title>
  <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
</head>
<body>
  <header>
    <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
    <p>Est. 2020</p>
  </header>
  <main>
    <section>
      <h2>Coffee</h2>
    </section>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
h1, h2, p {
text-align: center;
}

body {
background-color: brown;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 12239.92.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.136 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 19

Link to the challenge:

Hello, welcome to the forum.
I did it just like you did:

body {
  background-color: brown;
}

I believe you got it right, I don’t see any issues in your solution. Try to reset the step and do it again maybe?

Do you still have an issue? I’m a little confused by this myself.

Yes I’m still running into the same issue. My solutions looks right and I even googled other answers but it still won’t let me pass. I even went back to review my code in previously steps that I passed and now I can’t pass them at all.

Well, I see, you have a couple of similar issues. And your code is OK. If there is some bug involved I’m not the person who can fix it.
I suggest you create a topic on subforum freeCodeCamp Support, describe you issue there.
Meanwhile, don’t be frustrated because of the tests. Main goal is to learn, not to pass tests.
You can try move on curriculum and return to buggy steps later
I assure you all your code I’ve seen is OK.

I’d try updating your browser - it looks like yours may be several years out of date.

Sorry for spamming topics. That was best intentions but poor desicions kind of situation

Can you explain why body does not need to be … when the instructions say element?

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.