"Basic HTML and HTML5: Define the Head and Body of an HTML Document" CHALLENGE

Tell us what’s happening:
Greetings,
I don’t know if there is a bug in the website or something but i don’t see where the problem is, can someone explain please?

When i click “Run the Tests”, it shows the following:
[Right] There should be only one head element on the page.
[Right] There should be only one body element on the page.
[False] The head element should be a child of the html element.
[False] The body element should be a child of the html element.
[False] The head element should wrap around the title element.
[False] The body element should wrap around both the h1 and p elements.

I don’t know if everybody else is having the same issue or not.

Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>The best page ever</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>The best page ever</h1>
<p>Cat ipsum dolor sit amet, jump launch to pounce upon little yarn mouse, bare fangs at toy run hide in litter box until treats are fed. Go into a room to decide you didn't want to be in there anyway. I like big cats and i can not lie kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff. Meow i could pee on this if i had the energy for slap owner's face at 5am until human fills food dish yet scamper. Knock dish off table head butt cant eat out of my own dish scratch the furniture. Make meme, make cute face. Sleep in the bathroom sink chase laser but pee in the shoe. Paw at your fat belly licks your face and eat grass, throw it back up kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
</body>
</html>

Challenge: Define the Head and Body of an HTML Document

Link to the challenge:

your code is correct, make sure your browser is updated to last version, and that you do not have any extensions active that may be interfering

1 Like

Thank you for responding.

So, Don’t you have a problem passing this challenge too, it is kinda strange that i have passed all the challenges with no problem, but couldn’t pass this one, and if it was the problem with the browser, wouldn’t the problem happen also in the previous challenges.

not necessarily, as a browser gets updated it support newer and newer JavaScript features, that could be or could not be used to test the code

what browser and version are you using?

Hi! I just ran into the same problem few minutes ago. I was using my laptop (Microsoft Edge) before. Then I tried it again on my phone(Safari). And somehow it all went smoothly! So, maybe you can run it on another browser and see if it works for you. Wish you good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, probably the problem has to do with the desktop.

1 Like

Probably, the problem was with the browser version, it worked after installing the update, thanks.
But, about the code of the challenge, isn’t it written back ago, like few years ago(like between 2014-2018)?
The version that i had for the browser is not too obsolete tho, i think it is a version of the year 2019 if it was that old.

it’s always being updated, new challenges, fixing bugs in old challenges, etc

Nope, I’m on mobile and I too have this problem.