Basic JavaScript: Word Blanks - stuck

Basic JavaScript: Word Blanks - stuck

Hey!

No clue what I am doing wrong here…any advice? Thanks!

function wordBlanks(myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, myAdverb) {
  // Your code below this line
  var result = "My" + “myAdjective” + “myNoun” + “myVerb” + "very" + “myAdverb.”;

// Your code above this line
  return result;
}

// Change the words here to test your function
wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly");

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into the forum, precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

First of all, you are using curly quotes which are not valid syntax. You should be using straight double or straight single quotes only. Even if you used straight double quotes, the following string would be returned by your function regardless of what nouns, adjectives, verbs, and adverbs are being passed into the function.

“MymyAdjectivemyNounmyVerbverymyAdverb.”

Inside the function you can reference myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, and myAdverb, because they are variables/arguments which are the values passed into the function. So when a call like the following is made to the function, myNoun will be “dog”, myAdjective will be “big”, myVerb will be “ran”, and myAdverb will be “quickly”.

You need to review some previous lessons on how to properly concatenate (join) strings together with variables. Remember, sentences have extra words like “The”, “a”, etc… along with spaces between words and punctuation, so do not forget to add those too.