Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Tell us what’s happening:
Here is my solution, but can not understand the last message .

Your code so far

const myNoun = "dog";
const myAdjective = "big";
const myVerb = "ran";
const myAdverb = "quickly";

// Only change code below this line
const wordBlanks = "The " + myAdjective + "" + myNoun + "" + myVerb +""+ myAdverb +"anyWord"+ "."; // Change this line
// Only change code above this line

the app display this:
Failed: wordBlanks should contain all of the words assigned to the variables myNoun, myVerb, myAdjective and myAdverb separated by non-word characters (and any additional words of your choice).

***and for me it is clear that all the  wordBlanks  has been used ..
please some clear hint

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/111.0

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Link to the challenge:

You need to have spaces between all the words, even if they don’t come together in the right way. It’s really just making sure there are spaces between each variable. So instead of using a "" in between your concatenation (plus signs), use a " " in between them. And you can combine "anyWord" and "." into one string since they are both just static (not changing) values.

hello marcus…I followed your instruction like this…( and I try that before as well ) and guess what? same issue
const wordBlanks = “The " + myAdjective + " " + myNoun + " " + myVerb +” "+ myAdverb + "anyWord . ";

even using the space and everything… I tried as well this and many more; this is really weird

I can say that it is almost the same as the useful helping video…even not been creative…
const wordBlanks = “The” + myAdjective + " " + myNoun + " " + myVerb +" "+ myAdverb + “.”

Toss a console.log at the bottom for wordBlanks like this console.log(wordBlanks), it will help point out the errors.

ok that is new for me…trying

it works!!!

const wordBlanks = “The " + myAdjective + " " + myNoun + " " + myVerb +” “+ myAdverb + " anyWord .”;// Change this line
console.log(wordBlanks)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.