Basic Node and Express - Get Query Parameter Input from the Client - not passing

Basic Node and Express - Get Query Parameter Input from the Client - not passing
0.0 0

Tell us what’s happening:

I can’t seem to pass the test, or look for any relevant similar topics for my current problem, so I’m guessing it’s my current understanding of the topic.

Navigating to the /name?firstname=etc&lastname=etc URL is displaying what seems to be the correct functionality, a json object of: { ‘name’ : ‘first last’ } that is described in the challenge yet it doesn’t pass the test? What am I doing wrong?

Your code so far

app.get('/name', (req, res) => {
  let first = req.query.firstname;
  let last = req.query.lastname;

let jsonObj = { name: `${first} ${last}` };
  res.send(jsonObj);
});

// I also tried this, as it was in the TIP section as it makes way for the upcoming POST challenges 
/**
app.route('/name').get((req, res) => {
  let first = req.query.firstname;
  let last = req.query.lastname;

let jsonObj = { name: `${first} ${last}` };

res.send(jsonObj);
}).post();
**/

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/apis-and-microservices/basic-node-and-express/get-query-parameter-input-from-the-client

I realized that my mistake was misunderstanding the query name. I put ‘firstname’, and ‘lastname’ rather than just ‘first’ and ‘last’