Basic Node and Express - test wiith repl.it link doesn't work

Tell us what’s happening:

Hey. In the " Basic Node and Express - Meet the Node console", I have clicked the link to Repl.it that creates a new project. I have added a console.log(“Hello World”) in the myApp.js and run it, where I see “Hello World” printed in the console on the left. I have pasted the link to my project (https://repl.it/repls/MildTerrificLinkedlist) in the solution input. I click the “I’ve completed this challenge” button, but it says "Hello World" should be in the console`. I also tried with #myApp.js at the end of the url. What is going on?

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.125 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Meet the Node console

Link to the challenge:

Welcome, paperHey.

This is the link you should be pasting into the solution block:
https://MildTerrificLinkedlist--five-nine.repl.co

This is the link for the live preview of the app. Not the link to the Repl.it editor workspace.

Hope this clarifies.

1 Like

This could be made much clearer in the instructions:

“Working on these challenges will involve you writing your code on Repl.it on our starter project. After completing each challenge you can copy your public Repl.it URL (
- to the homepage of your app // not clear
+ use the URL displayed in the Repl.it mini-browser, not the URL from the web browser you are using to do FCC quizs
) into the challenge screen to test it! Optionally you may choose to write your project on another platform but it must be publicly visible for our testing.”

3 Likes

This should absolutely be made clearer in the instructions. Additionally, the instructions should make it clearer that you have to RUN your code to make it accessible from FCC.

2 Likes

Hello there,

There is this sentence:

Optionally you may choose to write your project on another platform but it must be publicly visible for our testing.

If the app is not publicly visible (running in one way or another online), then there is no way to access it or its content.

I do understand the confusion, and a fix has been put in place to clarify about the expected link in the solution box. It is just awaiting being merged into the production environment.

It doesn’t work for me

Can you provide more detail? What does not work? Are you experiencing the exact same issue as described in the original post?