Beta Pomodoro works but doesn't pass the tests

Pomodoro clock

I have been working on this Pomodoro clock for ages and I can’t manage to make it pass the tests…
It is the beta version so I have the given tester to pass against it.

I**'ve finally been able to make it functional**, it stops and plays when it should. From a user point of view, it works exactly as it should( I think). Although I still have to solve the buzzer at the end, but that seems like the least of my problems.

The codepen already has the tester included and it is commented to make it more understandable (more for me than for anyone else hehe) but I’ll list here what It does not pass too.

TIMER
1.When I click the element with the id of reset, any running timer should be stopped, the value within id=“break-length” should return to 5, the value within id=“session-length” should return to 25, and the element with id=“time-left” should reset its default state.

As far as I can test it manually It resets to the values it should, all of them

9.If the timer is running, the element with the id of time-left should display the remaining time in mm:ss format (decrementing by a value of 1 and updating the display every 1000ms).

The tester says nothing is displayed but I can clearly see it counting down :frowning:

12.When a session countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), and a new countdown begins, the element with the id of timer-label should display a string indicating a break has begun.

A new break countdown begins and timer-label changes with it

13.When a session countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), a new break countdown should begin, counting down from the value currently displayed in the id=“break-length” element.

Same with this one, it all seems to work fine

14.When a break countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), and a new countdown begins, the element with the id of timer-label should display a string indicating a session has begun.

When the break reaches zero timer-label switches and the new session starts

15.When a break countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), a new session countdown should begin, counting down from the value currently displayed in the id=“session-length” element.

Same with this one.

As you might be able to see in the codepen the Pomodoro works but the testing program won’t like it. The only thing I can think of is that I declare variables to work with instead of ‘grabbing’ straight from the HTML value, but I shouldn’t need to, I think.

Again, I know the audio doesn’t work but I want to solve these problems as they are the main bulk of the program.

If anyone would be kind enough to hover over and see if they spot anything it would be awesome. Thanks

I can’t get anything working on that test project. Don’t know why but I copied and pasted all the code I wrote into it and added the libraries and it doesn’t render properly. Maybe Babel is breaking it.

Same crap with my calculator. That’s the last time I try using this thing!

As in it doesn’t even show or the clock does not work? I’m trying now to get the time displayed on the HTML with each interval to see if that makes it work. But if it doesn’t even work for other people I might be screwed.

Original with code panels

That’s the original with the code panels so it doesn’t need to be forked.

Thank you for trying though. Much apreciated.

Report it in github issues