Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage: Navlink again!

Link to my code pen: https://codepen.io/dpcjr/pen/OJPJoMy

User Story #7: The navbar should contain at least one link that I can click on to navigate to different sections of the page.:

I am having trouble with the navlinks again, I understand that you set an anchor tag to go to a section of the page by making the ID of the section the same as the href in the anchor tag. I have done that, Tried to put it in divs and I really don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. I got it to work in the product landing page and thought I had it but now I can’t figure out why this is failing. I looked for wrong spelling and any unclosed tags but I’m really stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

If I remember correctly, it may be because right now you don’t have enough content to fill the page… so when you click the links the page isn’t ‘moving’ to the section, since it’s already on the screen. :wink: try it out again when you have more content added to your page where you can scroll down some.

1 Like

Hello there! :slight_smile: @Faded got it right, the lack of content and the inability to actually scroll is indeed why you’re failing. But I just wanted to add that you also have same ids on different elements which is definitely not a good practice - id attribute should be unique to just one element on the page, so make sure to fix this :slight_smile:

Good luck with finishing this project! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! Ill give it a shot!

Thank you for your help! That was the issue!

1 Like

I believe I was so flustered by thinking I knew how to do it then not working that I was trying to change IDs and classes and DIV ids and everything trying to make it work haha

1 Like