Build a Survey Form, unable to pass tests

Tell us what’s happening:

I’m unable to pass the survey form test although I’ve triple checked to make sure I meet the user story. I fail 3 of the tests. If anyone could have a look at the code at point out where I could be wrong, I’d be really grateful.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.90 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

Try checking if your input id is same as id for any other div or another tag. :slight_smile:
And give value attributes to your radio/checkbox fields, making sure that each of the radio /checkbox sets are included in their own groups, which in turn have a name attribute.

That should solve this up.
Cheers!

1 Like

I was able to get to 16/17 passed by making the changes that I mentioned above.

Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in. Let me know if you were able to solve this up.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help! With your suggestions I rechecked the id values of other elements and I removed a div with an id of name. That way I passed 16 tests.

For those that have problems with passing:

Inside the form element, I can select a field from one or more groups of radio buttons. Each group should be grouped using the name attribute

I suggest looking at the error that is thrown when you you run the test. For me I looked at it closer it seemed that the radio button didnt have the value attribute, which wouldnt let me pass the test.

I’ve passed all the tests now! :grinning:

1 Like

Kudos on passing all tests, off to the landing page now? :stuck_out_tongue:
Keep creating and learning.
Cheers!
:smiley:

1 Like

give your radio label a “for” value set to the id of the radio button
to make the button clickable from the label

<input type="radio" id="radio-id">
<label for="radio-id" > radio-name <label>
1 Like

I’m learning something new everyday, always wondered what the for attributes were for. :slight_smile:
Cheers!