Build a Survey Form-user story #10 still won't fix!

Build a Survey Form-user story #10 still won't fix!
0.0 0

Tell us what’s happening:
No matter what I do, I can’t pass User story #10! I’ve tried a million things from cleaning up the formatting, to putting in exactly what it said, to even copying someone else’s label/input field name element just to test it AND NOTHING WORKS! In fact, the more I adjust, the worse it gets and now instead of failing one test, I’m failing three! I’ve been working on this for THREE DAYS!!!

Your code so far

Academic Advising Survey Form

This is a short 3 minute survey to improve the academic advising process for you, our hardworking students.

We appreciate you for taking the time to help us streamline the user experience.

<div id="form-inner">
	<form id="survey-form" action="/submit-student-info">
		<div id="input-fields">
			<p><strong><u>Please enter the below information.</u></strong></p>
	<div> 
		<label id="name-label" for="name-label"><input id="name" type="text" name="name" value="" placeholder="Full Name" required/></label>

<label id="email-label" for="email"><input id="email" name="email" type="email" class="input-fields" placeholder="Student Email Address" required></label>

<label for="major" id="major-label"><input id="major" name="major" type="text" class="input-fields" placeholder="Major" required></label>

<label id="number-label" for="number"><input id="number" type="number" name="year" class="input-fields" placeholder="Year" value="" min="1" max="5" required></label>
		</div>
		</div>			<!--closing input fields div-->
		<hr>
		<div id="r-tabs">
			<p><strong><u>Please check your student status.</u></strong></p>
			<label for="undergraduate">
			<ul style="list-style: none;">
			<li>
			<input id="undergraduate" type="radio" name="under-non-grad" value="radio"><strong>Undergraduate</strong>
				</li>
				</ul>
				</label>
			<label for="graduate">
			<li><input id="graduate" type="radio" name="under-non-grad" value="radio"><strong>Graduate</strong>
    </li>
			</ul>
			</label>
			<label for="non-degree">
			<li><input id="non-degree" type="radio" name="under-non-grad" value="radio"><strong>Non-Degree Seeking</strong>
    </li>
				</ul>
				</label>

</div>
		<!--closing r-tabs div-->
		<hr>
		<div id="suggestions">

<p><strong><u>What areas do you feel your advisor could improve upon? (Check all that apply)</u></strong></p>
			<label for="physical">
	<input id="physical" type="checkbox" name="improvement" value="checkbox"><strong>Physical Availability</strong>
</label>
			<label for="timely"><ul style="list-style: none;">
	<input id="timely" type="checkbox" name="improvement" value="checkbox"><strong>Timely Responsiveness</strong>
</label>
			<label for="courtesy"><ul style="list-style: none;">
	<input id="courtesy" type="checkbox" name="improvement" value="checkbox"><strong>Customer Courtesy</strong>
</label>
		</div>
		<!--closing checkbox area-->
		<div>
			<p>Would you recommend your advisor to a prospective student?</p>
			<select id="dropdown" class="dropdown" name="feelings">
				<option hidden>Choose from the below</option>
				<option value="Vlikely">Very Likely</option>
				<option value="likely">Likely</option>
				<option value="neutral">Indifferent</option>
				<option value="Slikely">Somewhat Likely</option>
				<option value="no">Not at all Likely</option>
			</select>
		</div>
		<!--closing dropdown menu area-->
		<hr>
		<div>
			<textarea id="comments" name="comments" class="input-fields" style="height:50px;width:350px;" placeholder="We welcome your feedback here. Be as detailed as possible." rows="4" cols="50"></textarea>
		</div>
		<!--closing feedback comment box area-->
		<div id="submission">
			<p>You're all done! Just hit the submit below!</p>
			<p>Thanks again!</p>

<button class="button" id="submit"><a type="Submit">Submit</a></button>
			<style scoped>
				.button {
					background-color: #4CAF50;
					border: beveled;
					border-radius: 10px;
					color: white;
					padding: 15px 32px;
					text-align: center;
					text-decoration: none;
					display: inline-block;
					font-size: 16px;
					margin: 4px 2px;
					cursor: pointer;
			</style>
		</div>
		<!--closing submission button div.-->
	</form>
	<!--this is to close the inner-form-->
</div>
<!--this is to close the inner-form div-->
**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.167 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-survey-form

Post the link to the page, please.

It sounds like you’re getting very frustrated. It helps to take a step back when that happens. I’m assuming you are using codepen? Please post your pen link here.

Also I would suggest something more general. Try creating a brand new forked pen based on the survey project. Then very carefully, and slowly, add your code back in, one small section at a time. Run the test multiple times as you add the code back in. If you do this carefully enough and slowly enough you will find the issue.

For now, hope this helps.

Hi,

Put some descriptive text in your three required labels and you’ll pass #10.

User Story #10: For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see
corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field
with the following ids: id=“name-label”, id=“email-label”, and id=“number-label”.

AssertionError: #name-label should contain some text : expected 0 to be above 0

There are issues with using placeholders in lieu of labels so they’re not just being picky.

Good luck!

Hi @Qbits242

See above post about label requirement. Passes all tests. :+1:
:rainbow: :rainbow: & :unicorn: :unicorn:

@alhazen1 is right, you need to put some text between the label tags, beside the input tag.

<label ...><input ... />Some text here</label>

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much for seconding the solution.

@hbar1st you are right. I needed to step away from it. I appreciate your suggestion to test it line by line. That’ll be a good habit to pick up. Thanks!