Build a survey form - your #name requires an input

Stuck - newbie - 1st few tests are ok until I get to here….I get the message “your #name requires an input” - can someone point me to a source that can help?

Thanks!

Please post your code

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

It helps if you show all of the code instead of just a tiny part.

I’m having a hard time copying/pasting code as I’m using an IPad Air. Can’t seem to get it to work. Tried to post an image but it didn’t work. Trying again…. Please see last 3 lines of code.

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

<form id=“survey-form”>
<input id=“name” type=“text”></input>

I really don’t know exactly what is going on from that small part of your code, unfortunately.

Normally I’d copy-paste your code and experiment.

Do you need to make the input a required field?

Input elements are self closing.

Your image is hard to read and only a small part of your code. And I can’t paste it in to experiment with myself.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Not sure how to post it to make it readable for you. It is large and clear when I read the replies.

Thanks Again

Did you see these questions?

It’s generally recommend to not post pictures of your code but actually post your code instead.

Yes, I probably need to make them a required field, and thanks for the reminder about inputs being self-closing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.