Build A Tribute Page Tags Requested By Project?

So I am getting started on the tribute page, I just finished all the HTML 5 stuff and accessibility parts of the program . Can someone explain to me why it is asking me to use div elements instead of figure, and fig caption and stuff? I am confused. I thought the point was to make sure we used those new semantic tags so that we could increase accessibility and encourage best practices when it came to SEO rating and such?

If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.

For User Story #3 the challenge page text was never updated when we updated the project. But if you look at the test script text it says.

I should see either a <figure> or <div> element with corresponding id="img-div"

In fact, you can use whatever element you’d like as the test only looks at the id on the element and not the type of element used. We should, however, update the challenge page text.

For User Story #5 it does not say what element to use and you are free to use a <figcaption> element. Again, the test does not look at the element type but just the id.

Ok thanks, it just seemed a little counter productive to use a div element on something that we just learned should have sections and figures and figcaption and stuff.

I don’t know this for a fact but the challenge project might initially have been made before the introduction of the Applied Accessibility Challenges where the <figure> and <figcaption> elements are introduced. The curriculum is ever-changing and keeping everything “in sync” is sometimes hard.

Anyway, I will see about updating the User Stories.