Button jumps down for no reason

Button jumps down for no reason
0.0 0

Hey guys, I need your help.
I’m making one of the challenges for FreeCodeCamp, but I’m stuck on a problem.
I created 3 buttons and placed them in the same row with Bootstrap classes.
I also gave them the same space within that row.
But now, for some mysterious reason, one of the buttons is placed a little below the line and I can’t figure out how to fix it.
Can someone help me with this?

Here’s the code of the buttons plus the lines above and below it:
```

Portfolio of a programmer

`
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-md-4"><a href="#about"><button class="btn btn-primary btn-block">About me</button></a></div>
    <div class="col-md-4"><a href="#portfolio"><button class="btn btn-primary btn-block">Portfolio</button></a></div>
    <div class="col-md-4"><a href="#contact"><button class="btn btn-primary btn-block">Contact me</button></a></div>
  </div>

</div>
  <div style="background-color: green">
 <h2 id="about">About me</h2>

And here’s a picture of what happens:

Hello, I am also a beginner too but try this in css

.col-md-4 {
  display: inline-block;

}

Just before

line you have added an extra
remove it. I hope it will work fine, I am adding a codepen link make you understand better.

Remove all the inline css from codepen example & ENJOY coding…:slight_smile:

Thanks, your code works, mine doesn’t, so i just copied and pasted your code and now it all works just fine. I can’t find the difference though.

Sorry to bother you, but what exactly did you fix in the original code?

The main code asked was some missing open div and extra closing div. Tally the code with code I have provided you. [Follow the opening DIV & Closing DIV properly]

Ah, I saw that but I thought he missed mentioning the opening div in the provided code. Thanks for clarifying.

As a beginner I would recommend to code slowly and detect vulnerabilities among your code. That’s how you ensure “code security”. You can also use a app to do that. I know one called Checkmarx if you want to try.
Good luck!

Try deleting your button elements and giving the Bootstrap button classes to the a elements instead (this will make your links look like buttons). Let me know if this solves your problem.

EDIT: Just noticed someone pointed out you have an extra closing </div> tag. This could be the source of the problem.