Can someone help me with this, please? I have tried everything but cant get anywhere. :(

Step 40
With form submissions, it is useful, and good practice, to provide each submittable element with a name attribute. This attribute is used to identify the element in the form submission.

Give each submittable element a unique name attribute of your choosing, except for the two radio inputs.

<fieldset>
       <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" name="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
       <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" name="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
       <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" name="email" type="text" required /></label>
       <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" name="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
     </fieldset>
     <fieldset>
       <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
       <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
       <label for="terms-and-conditions" name="terms-and-conditions">
         <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required name="terms-and-conditions" /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
       </label>
     </fieldset>
     <fieldset>
       <label for="profile-picture">Upload a profile picture: <input id="profile-picture" type="file" /></label>
       <label for="age">Input your age (years): <input id="age" type="number" min="13" max="120" /></label>
       <label for="referrer">How did you hear about us?
         <select id="referrer" name="referrer">
           <option value="">(select one)</option>
           <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
           <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
           <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
           <option value="4">Other</option>
         </select>
       </label>

Test
Sorry, your code does not pass. Hang in there.

Hint
You should give the email a name attribute. PS I would have chosen email
I don`t understand the hint aswell.

Please provide a link to the challenge.

Read the answer on this link.

i hope it helps

Yeah, you have some mistakes in there, like here:

<label for="terms-and-conditions" name="terms-and-conditions">

labels don’t get a name attribute.

Reset the code and start fresh.

Here, only the input, select, and textarea elements should get name attributes.

Thank you for the HELP, It worked eventually :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.