Give each submittable element a unique name attribute of your choosing, except for the two radio inputs

Hi guys, I’ve been struggling with this one in the last day, I’m missing some silly point, I’m sure about that…

Step 37

With form submissions, it is useful, and good practice, to provide each submittable element with a name attribute. This attribute is used to identify the element in the form submission.

Give each submittable element a unique name attribute of your choosing, except for the two radio inputs.

<fieldset>
        <label>Enter Your First Name: <input type="text" name="first-name" required /></label>
        <label>Enter Your Last Name: <input type="text" name="last-name" required /></label>
        <label>Enter Your Email: <input type="email" required name="email" /></label>
        <label>Create a New Password: <input type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" name="password" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
        <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" required name="checkbox" /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label>Upload a profile picture: <input type="file" name="file" /></label>
        <label>Input your age (years): <input type="number" min="13" max="120" name="age" />
        </label>
        <label>How did you hear about us?
          <select>
            <option value="">(select one)</option>
            <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
            <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
            <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
            <option value="4">Other</option>
          </select>
        </label>
        <label>Provide a bio:
          <textarea rows="3" cols="30" placeholder="I like coding on the beach..."></textarea>
        </label>
      </fieldset>

Step 37

1 Like

The tutorials asks you NOT to give the name attribute for the 2 radio inputs. Remove the name from the radio inputs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That make sense… Thanks!! Just did it now, still receiving this hint:

Hint

You should give the select element a name attribute. PS I would have chosen referrer

And yes, give a name to the SELECT and TEXTAREA.

1 Like

Yes!!! thank you so much.
Have a lovely day!

1 Like

I’m sorry, you NEED the exact same name in the 2 radio inputs so that you can’t check both of them, you can’t remove them as I said. You just didn’t need to type them because you’ve done that in a previous step.

Sorry about that.

It went throught though

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.