Can someone please help me with my technical documentation page!

It’s just this code right here: 10. Additionally, the navbar should contain link () elements with the class of “nav-link”. There should be one for every element with the class “main-section”.

@morifingk, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The failing message you are asking about says;

Additionally, the navbar should contain link (<a>) elements with the class of "nav-link". There should be one for every element with the class "main-section".
Not all of the elements with the class of "nav-link" are <a> elements : expected 10 to equal 5
AssertionError: Not all of the elements with the class of "nav-link" are <a> elements : expected 10 to equal 5

There are errors in your code. You have a nav element at the bottom of your page that has a elements with .nav-link(these are not part of an unordered list)
Then scattered throughout your page you have a elements with .nav-link (these are nested in li tags but not part of an ordered or unordered list.
Having both of these is why the test is saying “expected 10 to equal 5”

I realize the user stories mentions the navbar at the end but when reading code one would expect to see the nav element at the top. Just makes your code easier to read.

Additionally, your section elements are empty.
I would expect to see the header element, the two p elements and the code element nested in each of the section elements.

A few of other things.

• verify your email addr with codepen so we can see your pen full view
  • I see this is your only pen. Have you done the first three projects? It’s best to do the projects in order as each one gets progressively harder.
    After completing the projects you can ask for feedback in the #project-feedback subforum. Others will review you project giving you feedback to help you improve.

EDIT - This topic could be in either the #html-css subforum or the #project-feedback subforum.
I’ve taken the liberty of moving it to the #html-css subforum for you.

1 Like