Error: The navbar should contain link (<a>) elements with the class of "nav-link". There should be one for every element with the class "main-section"

Hi,

I have developed the Technical Documnent Page for the Responsive Web Design Certification.

However, I seem to fail the 10th test case and get an error:

Additionally, the navbar should contain link () elements with the class of “nav-link”. There should be one for every element with the class “main-section”.

I checked my code several times but cant seem to pinpoint the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Find below a link to the pen.

Thanks
Kaustuv

Link: https://codepen.io/kaustuv-basak/pen/zYvyGMB

if you look below the failed tests you see the reason it is failing

the second failing test error message gives you a list of things to check

Hi ieahleen

Ya I checked. It shows:

There should be one .nav-link for every element with the class of “main-section”, and every .nav-link should be within #navbar : expected 15 to equal 14
AssertionError: There should be one .nav-link for every element with the class of “main-section”, and every .nav-link should be within #navbar : expected 15 to equal 14
at Proxy.c

However, I seem to have cleared all the requirements.

I am not getting the point of the error message

you have 15 a elements, when the requirements expect it to be 14. You have probably a wrong class somewhere or something like that. You will need to look through all your code to check that all the classes are in the right place and that nothing have the class when it shouldn’t have it.

check also the other error, where it says as below. This is pretty simple fix, and will clear two of the tests.

12. Each element with the class of “nav-link” should contain text that corresponds to the text within each (e.g. if you have a “Hello world” section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text “Hello world”).
Check that these headers have corresponding .nav-link elements and be mindful of case! : INTRODUCTION

JAVASCRIPT IS A CROSS-PLATFORM, OBJECT-ORIENTED SCRIPTING LANGUAGE. IT IS A SMALL AND LIGHTWEIGHT LANGUAGE. INSIDE A HOST ENVIRONMENT (FOR EXAMPLE, A WEB BROWSER), JAVASCRIPT CAN BE CONNECTED TO THE OBJECTS OF ITS ENVIRONMENT TO PROVIDE PROGRAMMATIC CONTROL OVER THEM.

JAVASCRIPT CONTAINS A STANDARD LIBRARY OF OBJECTS, SUCH AS ARRAY, DATE, AND MATH, AND A CORE SET OF LANGUAGE ELEMENTS SUCH AS OPERATORS, CONTROL STRUCTURES, AND STATEMENTS. CORE JAVASCRIPT CAN BE EXTENDED FOR A VARIETY OF PURPOSES BY SUPPLEMENTING IT WITH ADDITIONAL OBJECTS; FOR EXAMPLE:

CLIENT-SIDE JAVASCRIPT EXTENDS THE CORE LANGUAGE BY SUPPLYING OBJECTS TO CONTROL A BROWSER AND ITS DOCUMENT OBJECT MODEL (DOM). FOR EXAMPLE, CLIENT-SIDE EXTENSIONS ALLOW AN APPLICATION TO PLACE ELEMENTS ON AN HTML FORM AND RESPOND TO USER EVENTS SUCH AS MOUSE CLICKS, FORM INPUT, AND PAGE NAVIGATION.
SERVER-SIDE JAVASCRIPT EXTENDS THE CORE LANGUAGE BY SUPPLYING OBJECTS RELEVANT TO RUNNING JAVASCRIPT ON A SERVER. FOR EXAMPLE, SERVER-SIDE EXTENSIONS ALLOW AN APPLICATION TO COMMUNICATE WITH A DATABASE, PROVIDE CONTINUITY OF INFORMATION FROM ONE INVOCATION TO ANOTHER OF THE APPLICATION, OR PERFORM FILE MANIPULATIONS ON A SERVER. : expected 1 to equal 0