Cannot solve the first challenge on Backend and API certification

Tell us what’s happening:
I have started the Backend and API certification course and I am not able to get through the first challenge. This one is very basic and still I am not sure why is it giving me an error.

Your project link(s)

solution: GitHub - harshaltrivedi10/BackendCertificationFCC: This repo contains the code for backend certification on FreeCodeCamp

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

HI @harshaltrivedi10 !

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like you are trying to submit a github repo.
But the directions say you need to submit a live link.
You either need to deploy this somewhere or run the challenges locally and submit the localhost link.

Hello @jwilkins.oboe,

I tried your approach and still it is giving me issues. I have updated my GitHub code. Please do take a look and provide your insights.

Thanks!

I looked at your github repo and it is not the correct repo to use for the challenges.

The directions want you to use this repo

I would suggest reading through the article I sent you because it walks you through the entire process of how to correctly get your local server running and passing the first step.

Hope that helps!

Rookie mistake.

Thanks though!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.