Can't get pass the first lesson. Nothing works

First, I am an Information Technology Support Analysis by profession. I already know all the tricks of the trade. I can go deep into a browser or operating system to correct problems. What I’m saying is before asking did I try this and that, the answer is yes and more.

I made attempts on Edge, Chrome and Firefox. I attempted the first lesson in browsers with zero extensions installed. The was no dark mode set, heck, not even a light mode. I even tried on a spanking new laptop with barebones Ubuntu installed using Firefox and Chrome. Once again, no extensions what so ever.

I refreshed, restarted, used Powershell, and bash. Nothing worked. I asked coworkers who have over 30 years experience. None of us could get things to work.

Can you be more specific about exactly which lesson you are attempting?

Also, can you paste your code in here so we can see what you are trying?

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key. You may also be able to use Ctrl+e to automatically give you the triple back ticks while you are typing in the this editor and the cursor is on a line by itself. Alternatively, with the cursor on a line by itself, you can use the </> button above the editor to add the triple back ticks.

Here is a screenshot. The problem is that I keep receiving the that I am using a browser extension that is modifying the page. All extensions were turned off.
I have multiple systems to attempt use on. I bought two new windows 11 laptops, one which was thoroughly clean of all user software except for web browsers with no extensions installed. The other was used to install Ubuntu, once again, bare bones.

I even tried on my Chromebooks, two desktops, and my four other laptops.

I guess you’ve tried this using several different browsers too?
EDIT: Sorry, saw that now in your OP.

I have Chrome, Edge, FireFox, and Opera browsers. I also have two Raspberry PIs. I was going to try on them next.

I’m no expert but I’m totally mystified, as I’ve never seen anyone encounter this problem before. You’ve presumably also tried accessing the course via different wifi networks too?

You are failing one of the below tests:

assert.isAtMost(document.querySelectorAll('script').length, 2);
assert.equal(document.querySelectorAll('style').length, 0);
assert.equal(document.querySelectorAll('link').length, 0);

You can use your browser’s dev tools to look at the actual HTML in the preview pane and see if there are more than 2 script tags, or a style tag, or link tag. If there are then most likely something is adding these to the HTML. Usually that’s a browser extension.

Thank you. I will give it a shot. There might be delays in my responses as I’m dealing with flooded basement demo. ServPro is ripping out everything, including the bathroom sink.

I figured out what was causing the problem. It was my Microsoft Editor: Spelling and Grammar extension.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.