Can't get past the CSS selectors section. Please help!

Can't get past the CSS selectors section. Please help!

First. Thank you in advance, you guys are real life savers. It wants me to turn the “cat photo app” blue, and as far as I know, I’m following the instructions exactly, but the letters disappear and I can’t get it to do what I want. Someone, please help!

Nothing within <style> tags is displayed on the page. Instead, it styles the existing content elsewhere on the page.

Your current heading, if displayed as page content, would look like this:

{color:blue;} CatPhotoApp

Which isn’t what you want. Instead, the heading needs to remain outside the <style> tag, with the CSS placed inside it.

The format for CSS is like this:

selector {
  property: value;
  anotherProperty: anotherValue;
  /*...etc.*/
}

For a property like color, you can have values like red, #ff0000, or rgba(255, 0, 0, 1) (these are all just different ways of representing the same color — bright red).

Note that the syntax for selectors is different from the tag syntax; e.g. the syntax for a <p> element is simply p.

The issue you’re facing is that you moved your html into the CSS section.

Let me elaborate a bit more about it.
html is like the building block of your page. You use it to create certain element on your page…
in this case a heading (<h2>) and a paragraph (<p>).

Everything inside style is another “language” called CSS, which has a different syntax, and its purpose is to tell the page how the element created should look.

In this case you are asking your page to turn blue the heading, but there’s no h2 to be found.

To fix this simply separate your “building blocks” from the “styling declaration” as so:

<style>
/* keep here the styles to tell the page how to display it*/
h3 {
color: purple;
font-size: 40px;
}
</style>
<!-- yet I still need to inform the page which elements to create -->
<h3>This heading will be purple with a font size of 40px</h3>

Thank you so much! This helps a lot!

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the help