Can't move on, is this part of the code glitched

Tell us what’s happening:

I am typing it this code the way it says, is this part of the code glitched or something???

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<main>
  <p>purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
  <p></p>
</main>

<main>
  <p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched    sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in      the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
  <p></p>
</main>

<main>
   <p>purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
   <p></p> 
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36 OPR/56.0.3051.43.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

Why are there three main elements, and why is the second paragraph tag in each empty? And why is that paragraph tag still there on its own at the top? This is definitely not what it asks you to do

I was suppose to write it out like this:

<main>
   <p>...</p>
</main>

and it is still saying wrong, the other text were already there when I did the form, so I don’t know.

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<main>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<p> Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

I know it is not actually written like this but the tags won’t show when I just write it out as it is suppose to be.

<main>
  <p></p>
</main>

but, I wrote the tags the way I was suppose to omitting the punctuations.

I will try this on google instead of opera, because I couldn’t eve copy and paste the text of the “ipsum cat” I had to type it. Thanks anyway.

There are formatting option all along the top of the reply popup

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

1 Like

Thank you so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like