Can't run medical_data_visualizer.py

Tell us what’s happening:

I can’t check my answers for the medical_data_visualizer test due to a runtime error that I don’t understand. This problem has to do with the way the program runs - NOT my individual code. The code below is coming from the terminal after I push the run button.

Your code so far

Python 3.8.2 (default, Feb 26 2020, 02:56:10)

Replit: Updating package configuration

--> python3 -m poetry lock
Updating dependencies
Resolving dependencies...
--> python3 -m poetry install
Installing dependencies from lock file

Package operations: 2 installs, 0 updates, 0 removals

• Installing pandas (1.3.0)

RuntimeError

Unable to find installation candidates for pandas (1.3.0)

at /opt/virtualenvs/python3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/poetry/installation/chooser.py:72 in choose_for
       68│ 
       69│             links.append(link)
       70│ 
       71│         if not links:
    →  72│             raise RuntimeError(
       73│                 "Unable to find installation candidates for {}".format(package)
       74│             )
       75│ 
       76│         # Get the best link

exit status 1

Replit: Package operation failed.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.124 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Medical Data Visualizer

Link to the challenge:

Hi @m.adeleke1
Welcome to FCC.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

That’s a poetry error that happens when it tries to install a python package (pandas in this case) and can’t. Could be a temporary error or a problem with your pyproject.toml file or something else. Post a link to your project and maybe someone can be of assistance.

You need to use lower version of pandas. Override pandas version in your pyproject.toml

pandas = "1.2.5"

Hello, you can also try to install pandas from source.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.