Career Advice On FrontEnd

Hey guys need some advice, I am a frontend web designer good in HTML, CSS, and WP, I know this is very basic am going for full stack web dev but so I’m learning js before any framework, and I am also good with python,(mainly basic syntax) but can work out automation with it, so I’m looking to get a junior/ intern remote even with no pay or minimal wages the experience would boost my spirit and other work applications, How do I please go about this? Thanks for your feedback

Don’t accept jobs that don’t pay

2 Likes

True , but am just like, it is very hard to get work this days without work experience

I would have to agree with Jeremy about this.

I have seen to many juniors get scammed with free internships and free junior work and not learn anything in the end. You have to be careful about this because it could backfire and not give you the experience you are looking for.

Getting that first developer job is tough but there are ways to get one.

As a self taught developer, you will need to build projects outside of course that show some depth and took time to build. Build projects that you could talk about in the interview and show that you are ready for a challenge and willing to learn and grow.

If you could get involved with open source projects, that could help as well. By making meaningful contributions to open source projects, you will learn how to work with a team, receive code reviews and learn a lot in the process.

I always suggest new developers to look at Leon’s videos on tips to building a good resume, applying for the jobs in an efficient manner and networking. It will help you avoid some of the common pitfalls most developers run into.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

wow, Thank you so much really appreciate