Challenge Bugged

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

not a single test is being passed. I’ve wasted 2 hours on this already.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.72 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Timestamp Microservice

Link to the challenge:

It’s been a long time since I did this, so maybe I’m confused, but your two endpoints are:

app.get("/api/timestamp/", (req, res) => {
// ...
app.get("/api/timestamp/:date_string", (req, res) => {
// ...

And I see a test like this:

A request to /api/1451001600000 should return { unix: 1451001600000, utc: “Fri, 25 Dec 2015 00:00:00 GMT” }

Do you see the mismatch? You seem to have inserted “timestamp” into the url. So, the microservice may work in a general sense, but it doesn’t meet the requirements of the challenge.

Unless I’m misunderstanding something.

1 Like

I was able to make that adjustment in two places and your code passed for me.

The “oh crap, I can’t believe I didn’t see that” feeling is just part of being a web developer. Get used to it. Sometimes we need an extra set of eyes. As you get better, the mistakes will get more subtle, but they never go away completely.

1 Like

I am sorry. I got very frustrated and thus blinded with an obvious mistake.
Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Hey there,

Just to keep everyone in the loop: Recently, some of the backend project endpoints were changed to better conform with REST standards.

Unfortunately, if you managed to get caught in-between the transition, this would cause confusion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.