Change the Font Size of an Element...LOST!

Tell us what’s happening:

Between the style tags, give the p elements font-size of 16px. Browser and Text zoom should be at 100%.
Lost

Your code so far

<style>
  .red-text
    color: red;
  }h1 font-size: 16 px; 
</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>purr jump eat the grass rip the couch sratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>                 ```
**Your browser information:**

Your Browser User Agent is: ```Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 9765.81.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.120 Safari/537.36```.

**Link to the challenge:**
https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/change-the-font-size-of-an-element

Your CSS (stuff between the <style> tags) syntax is bad. It should be selector { property: value; }.
Beyond that, you don’t have the p element selected in your CSS.

I guess I will start all over cause that doesnt make sense to me. I went in order with all the assignments and then all the sudden it jumps to something that i dont understand. was fine till now

ashleychristopher,

Your <style></style> syntax is bad, as 3gimpfingers suggested.

If you re-read the lesson you will see that they want you to add the font-size to the p tag, not add an H1 selector. Your code should resemble something similar to this:

<style>
    .red-text{
        color: red;
     }
    p{
        font-size: 16px;
    }
</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>purr jump eat the grass rip the couch sratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>

What you’re doing here is creating a new style definition for the <p> tag. All <p> tags will now have a font-size of 16px on that page.

In your code sample you copy and pasted the text from the lesson regarding the H1 and didn’t really follow what they are asking. A <style> definition should resemble this layout:

selector {
   property: value;
}

Let me know if that clears it up a bit for you.

1 Like
  missing this... "Your p element should contain the first few words of the provided additional kitty ipsum text."
.red-text { color: red; } p{ font-size:16px; }

CatPhotoApp

Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.

<p Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.