Checkout / Payment Page

Hi Guys!!

I’m creating a donations platform so people can donate to the best NGOs in Brazil, but I’m struggling with the checkout / payment page. Can anyone give me a tip or suggest any resources to do it?

https://guipsamora.github.io/doebem.org/

Thank you!!

I don’t really have the skills to give a helpful answer yet, but I just want to say that the page looks amazing! I hope to create something like that when I finish the FCC curriculum.

@guipsamora What system are you going to use to handle and process acceptance of donations PayPal, Stripe, Square, or Other?

1 Like

As I am in Brazil I’m considering some national providers and Paypal. My problem with paypal is that I have to send the users to Paypal’s page and I wanted to do all in my page just as in an ecommerce.

Currently the site is very simple and is in HTML, CSS and Javascript only.

What would you recommend for me to do?

If you are going to stick with basic HTML, then you need to use something like PayPal payment button. Having PayPal handle the payment gateway is one less headache you need to worry about. By now, I think Visitors are use to seeing the PayPal payment screens.

However, if you want more advanced features, then you need to use an E-Commerce system like WooCommerce, OpenCart, Shopify, or BigCommerce.

References:

I think to be able to do processing on your site, you’ll need API’s from your payment processor and go from there, thus having to avoid the user having to go directly to their site, but seeing this is a donation website, I think it might actually be a plus that the users go to paypal and do the donation.

Also, fantastic design on the site mate, really good stuff. Amazing.