Chrome Dev Tools Question

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far
Hey! Is anyone savvy with Chrome Dev Tools? I am trying to pull up the styling page and html from this Documentation Page Assignment in the Sources tab of Chrome Dev Tools. For some reason…sometimes the style page Im looking for successfully opens. Other times, I just get a plain yellow line and no code. Please see the picture I attached.

Thanks.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.146 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

Hey @andrew-garfinkel ,

It looks like that is the codepen for a boilerplate code for a project… Why exactly do you need the CSS from this? If you are doing this for a challenge, please don’t do it, because this would not help you. If you’re just trying to use a little CSS from it, it IS a codepen, so you can just press the ‘Change View’ button and then press editor, and you should be able to see the CSS.

1 Like

You’re on the “Sources” tab. If you want to inspect the CSS for a page, you want to go to the “Elements” tab.

I am doing as much as I can on my own, but when I get stuck on something I look at the sources tab to see how it was actually done. Is this a problem? My understanding is that a big part of learning coding involves using the dev tools/google to research things that you get stuck on. Thanks.

1 Like

No, this is ok, I was concerned about one trying to straight up copy pasting code from the source code, and you don’t know how many people have tried… Anyways, it seems like you are just looking through it to get some idea on how it works and that’s fine. Thank you for understanding … Happy coding! :slight_smile: