Colored markers project- Step 40

I’m getting an error and don’t know the cause, please help me
my code

Step 40

And in the h1 CSS rule, remove the background-color property and value to go back to the default white color.

h1 {
  text-align: center;
  background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
}

You need to remove the background-color property from the h1 rule set.

If you are still having trouble then we will need to see your updated CSS. Rather than posting a pic of your code, please use the following method to paste your code in here.

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key. You may also be able to use Ctrl+e to automatically give you the triple back ticks while you are typing in the this editor and the cursor is on a line by itself. Alternatively, with the cursor on a line by itself, you can use the </> button above the editor to add the triple back ticks.

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

Thank you all for your help now it works

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.