Combat Veteran trying to get this right I NEED HELP PLEASE

ok ive tried for the las 3 days to get past step 28 in the first section of index.html. I am straight computer dumb!! talk to me like im 4 please. I am really trying to learn this but without assistance from them im straight stuck. and no i dont have anyone to call. SOMEONE, ANYONE PLEASE HELP. I am not asking for a handout. help me get there. i got this far easy enough.

1 Like

We cant help of we cant see any code or the challenge directions.

The best thing you can do is

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge and need some help, click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark). This button only appears if you have tried to submit an answer at least three times.

The Ask for Help button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

1 Like

and like i said in the post I AM COMPUTER DUMB!! SO IVE CLICKED THAT BUTTON 63 TIMES IN 3 DAYS AND GET NOTHING. THATS WHY I REACHED OUT HERE

IVE HAD 8 PEOPLE COME AND LOOK FOR THE THAT MAGICAL BUTTON THAT DOESNT EXIST AT ALL. THERE IS NO ASK FOR HELP BUTTON AT ALL. WEVE WENT EVERY WHERE IN THE WEBSITE LOOKING FOIR THIS ASK FOR HELP BUTTON. IT DOES NOT EXIST AT ALL.

Theres no reason for all caps. The button certainly does exist because plenty people have used it today. If you cant find the button then please post a link to the challenge and post your code here.

Here is how you can post code on the forum

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

1 Like

You have to click the “Check Your Code” button several times before the Help button will show up. It will be next to the Reset button when it does.

1 Like

there is no ask for help button in the lesson. I am in the very first section of INDEX.HTML at step 28. it wont let me cut and paste or do anything like that in the website.

I am learning im not building anything. dont know what that box is all about you decided to add on the end of the message

1 Like

over the last 3 days ive tried 63 times for help.

so that ask for help button bring me right here. doesnt help me at all

That box is showing you how to add code to the forum. We cant provide any help if we cant see your code. When you reply there is the button that looks like </> the gif shows you where it is located. Click on it, and you can enter your code between the lines.

When you reply then we should be able to see your code

1 Like

ok so here is 3 backtick? ///

i guess my code is 123? i have zero clue

The ask for help button should bring you to the forum. If it is then it is working correctly.

When you press it, does it show something like this image?

If so, then press the ‘create topic’ button and it will create your forum post with formatted code.

Your code is the code you are writing in the challenge to pass the challenge. We need to see that to see where you are going wrong. If you watch the gif that box shows you can see where to find this button </>

If you click on that button you can then copy and paste your code between the back ticks that are generated by the button

sorry i dont get anything like what youre showing at all. i dont see anything like that.

this whole website will not let me cut pastecopy do any of that. i have dug all thru the settings. when i close this page it works fine.

Can you please take a screenshot of what you do see and show me? Of the lesson and when you press ‘ask for help.’

If you are on a Windows computer press the key with ‘fn’ on it in the bottom left and then the key with ‘prt sc f10’ on it in the centre right top row.

Then right click and press ‘paste.’ This will put some code in your reply that will turn into a picture when you press ‘reply.’

Have you tried using your keyboard shortcuts. You can press ctr and the letter a to select everything. Press ctrl and c to copy and then crtl + v to paste. The websites lets you copy things

it will not let me cut and paste the lesson at all or even share it. guess i need to spend money here to get anything.

I understand your frustration, but attitudes like this will not help you. In fact, it will only make it less likely for people to want to help you.

Most of the people trying to help you are doing this for free. Please be respectful of them.

1 Like