Commenting out on HTML

Tell us what’s happening:
i am having difficulty in commenting out on HTML
Your code so far

<h1>Hello World</h1>

<!--CatPhotoApp-->

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff</p>

<!--CatPhotoApp-->.
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.190 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Comment out HTML

Link to the challenge:

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

In the initial code, the comment tags are being used differently that you are using them

<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->

The comment tags are on the first and last lines. You need to add additional comment tags so that only your h1 and p elements are commented out.

an example will be appreciated, i am a total beginner pls. thank you

There is an example of using the comment tags in the starter code. What part can I clarify?

The comment tags are <!-- and -->.

do you use the comment tags while commenting IN and OUT an HTML ?

Yep. The <!-- starts the area of the code that is commented out, and then the comment ends when you add -->.

Understood that sir, thank you.
i have three elements which are h1,h2 and p; i was asked to comment out my h1 and p. been trying my way round it all day. please help out sir

Well, you need to add a --> and a <!-- so that the comment that starts around the h1 tag does not include the h2 tag and you make a separate comment around the p tag.

<!--
<whatever you want commented>
-->
<whatever you don't want commented>

thank you so much sir :slightly_smiling_face:

As i understand from the problem statement in the link given, you have to comment out h1 and p element but not h2.

Hence you should place the code inside comment out signs as under

CatPhotoApp

Hope it solves your problem

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).